For Students, One on One coaching sessions include:
The Myers Briggs, (MBTI) personality questionnaire specifically for teenagers, is completed online. From this you will be provided with two reports:
- Career Report
- Most common careers for your personality type
- Tasks you may like to use at work and
- Career options
- Personality Report
- Your strengths and stretches
- Study skill strategies
- Suggestions to help you work with friends, teachers and parents
Through a series of exercises, (not hard at all!), information is gathered about your interests and passions, what you dream about doing and what is really important to you in a job or career. Don’t worry if you don’t know any of this yet – you will by the end of the sessions!
We will create an Action Plan together of what to do next. This could include spending time with people who do the job you are interested in, digging deeper into identified study courses, and deciding where the best place is to study or find a job. Let’s check out your school subject choices for the following year if you are in year 12 or lower as well.
After the two sessions, you can come back the following week, month, 6 months or year – all included in the one fee. This could be to clarify a study course or confirm a direction.
At the end of the two one hour sessions it’s a good idea to bring your parent or guardian in and discuss where you are at in deciding your direction.
Investment for One on One Coaching
$350 inclusive of GST. Includes all tools and assessments, two one hour sessions and follow up either by phone or in person.
For those in Year 10 or 11 often just one session is needed to identify strengths and subject choices. $125 inclusive of GST.
“MBTI process, finding out strengths and weaknesses, helped career path. Made me realise that first year science and psychology was what I wanted to do.” – Nikki, Year 13 Macleans College
Other areas that Coaching can cover:
- Study skills – providing tools and advice on how to study well. Setting study goals.
- Teaching about topics such as self responsibility, motivation and having a positive attitude
- CV development
- Interview skills.
“MBTI results were helpful. I feel more confident with my options next year and that it’s ok for me to change career paths.” – Year 13, Epsom Girls Grammar
Career Path Workshops
This three hour career path workshop is for students in Year 11, 12 or 13 and covers all assessments included in the one on one session’s, with some individual attention.
Advantages of a Workshop:
- Find out you are “normal” in your career indecision when compared to others
- You get to hear about other career options and ideas from your peers
- Discover everyone is different and that’s a good thing
- Discover that you have your very own unique talents
- It’s Fun!
Workshops occur every school holidays both in Newmarket and Westharbour.
Investment: $195 inclusive of GST plus receive a free follow up by phone valued at $100. Book in now for the next workshop as only 8 places available at each workshop!
“Thank you, you have helped me clear my mind of ifs and buts.” – Joel, 17 years
“Meeting was good. Opened my eyes to all the options I still have.” – Daniel, 17 Year
“Helped me greatly, pointing me in the right direction and putting everything onto paper, giving me a tangible goal. I am extremely grateful for the experience.” – Scott, Year 13
Who would benefit from Career Coaching?
- Those who have decided to study, but don’t quite know what career they will pursue
- Those who thought they knew their career direction but are now wavering
- Those needed to choose school subjects from year 10 to 13
- Have little idea of a career direction
- Some idea but not really sure
- Those who need confirmation and affirmation of their direction
- Those who want to choose subjects for next year
“I came in not knowing what to expect, and of course not knowing what I wanted to do. After one insightful session I was provoked into thinking about myself and what I could do or be.”